Northern Michigan Paddle, Yoga, & Wine
If you have yet to experience Northern Michigan in a leisurely capacity, then THIS is the weekend for YOU! No question. This trip is one of the reasons why we started this business, and we can't wait to share this gorgeous place with you! Blue skies, rolling landscapes, Caribbean blue water, wineries, delicious food, music, kayaking, and finding your Zen... It's all in there. Read on to find out more about what the trip entails.
Dates: August 24 - August 27, 2018
Join us for a fun-filled weekend in Bellaire, MI, and experience the renowned draw of some of Michigan's most gorgeous lakes. Activities include waking up with the sun for sunrise yoga (or sleep in, it's your call), an afternoon kayaking on Clam Lake and Torch Lake, stopping at The Dockside for lunch on the beach. We'll also spend an afternoon touring a handful of Old Mission Peninsula's beautiful wineries, surrounded by the scenic East and West Traverse Bays. Accommodations for this trip will be a lake-adjacent house in Bellaire, MI.
Experience kayaking, yoga, trails, sightseeing, local brewery flights, and vino samplings on the 45th Parallel. You will also have plenty of down time to spend however you'd like: napping in a hammock, sitting at the beach , shopping an estate sale, or grab a partner for a trail run nearby. All the while enjoying healthful, homemade meals and snacks prepared by our trip leaders.
- Friday - Depart Cincinnati at 8:00am, arrive Bellaire/Aldenaround 4:00pm. Relax & unwind for a while, until dinner time, followed by sunset paddle on Torch Lake, if time allows. Then we'll return to the house for a backyard fire under a blanket of stars.
- Saturday - Sunrise yoga with a certified TIOEX yoga instructor, followed by breakfast and downtime. We'll pack up our coolers with lunch and snacks, and head out for the day to kayak Clam Lake and Torch Lake with the TIOEX team and paddling instructor, Amy Devine. We'll stop for lunch at the beach on Torch Lake, then we'll head back to the house to enjoy some downtime to nap, wander, trail run, etc.. Dinner and drinks will follow, and we can optionally hear some live music at the local neighborhood brewery.
- Sunday - Sunrise yoga (6:58am) and breakfast. Head over to Traverse City for Old Mission winery tours/samplings, followed by another beach lunch at the Mission Point Lighthouse, and some sightseeing along the peninsula. Then back to Bellaire to unwind. Then we'll have dinner and guests' choice for entertainment!
- Monday - Depart Bellaire at 8:00am, arrive home in Cincinnati around 4:00pm
- Transportation to and from Bellaire, MI
- Transportation to and from activities & tours
- All accommodations
- All meals, snacks, & drinks, unless otherwise decided upon by the group during the trip.
- Winery tours & sampling at 3-4 wineries
- Professionally instructed kayaking and yoga sessions
- All paddling and yoga gear
Lots of laughter and story-telling!!
TOTAL COST: $449/PERSON
Spaces Available: 2!! (WE WERE SOLD OUT, BUT WE NOW HAVE 2 OPEN SPOTS!)
And You never have to worry about having the right gear . We will have you covered. And if you want to pick up your own outdoor apparel or gear, our fantastic local promo partners at Roads Rivers and Trails in Milford will HOOK YOU UP with a 10% TIOEX discount for anyone who registers for one of our trips! Big thank to those guys!