Red River Gorge Camp & Climb
The Red River Gorge, less than 3 hours south of Cincinnati near Slade, Kentucky, offers world class rock climbing right in our backyard! People literally come from all over the world to sample the pocketed sandstone cliffs that litter the forests in the Daniel Boone National Forest and the Red River Gorge National Geologic Area.
AND YOU NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HAVING THE RIGHT GEAR. WE WILL HAVE YOU COVERED. AND IF YOU WANT TO PICK UP YOUR OWN OUTDOOR APPAREL OR GEAR, OUR FANTASTIC LOCAL PROMO PARTNERS AT ROADS RIVERS AND TRAILS IN MILFORD WILL HOOK YOU UP WITH A 10% TIOEX DISCOUNT FOR ANYONE WHO REGISTERS FOR ONE OF OUR TRIPS! BIG THANK TO THOSE GUYS!
- Friday - Depart Cincinnati by 12:30pm, arrive RRG by 3pm. Set up camp, make dinner, take a short wander/hike, then campfire, and relax
- Saturday Morning - rock climbing with TIOEX Co-founder, Adrian Hogel, and professionally certified guides from Red River Outdoors
- Sunday Morning - Hiking/trail running with TIOEX instructor
Dates: October 5-7, 2018
If you've ever been curious about rock climbing, but weren't sure where to begin, this is your chance! We will kick off the weekend with an easy 2.5-hour drive to our campsite at Land of the Arches Campground. We will set up camp, and our trip leaders will cook up some grub while you relax around the campfire. Saturday morning, we will eat breakfast and head out to meet our rock climbing guides from Red River Outdoors. They provide all the gear and equipment and we will provide lunch and snacks, so all you need to bring is a sense of adventure and a camera to capture the fun. Saturday evening we will go back to the campground for some down time and dinner. You may also choose to eat at one of the nearby eateries if you'd prefer - Miguel's Pizza and the Red River Rock House are local favorites. Sunday morning we will eat breakfast, break down camp, and venture out to explore some of the gorgeous hiking trails in the area before traveling back to Cincinnati.
- Transportation to and from the Red River Gorge
- Transportation to and from activities & campground
- All camping accommodations
- Supplied basic Camping gear if needed (tent, sleeping bags/pads, headlamps, etc)
- All meals and snacks
- Professional instruction from AMGA-certified rock climbing guides
- Rock climbing gear - supplied by the clmbing outfitter company
- Guided hiking/trail running with our SOLO and RRCA-certified TIOEX instructors