West Virginia Whitewater & Camping
Ever listen to other people talk about their amazing rafting trips and then start to wonder.... Is it safe? Difficult? Expensive? How far is it? Where do we eat? What do I pack? Where do I even begin? Well, we've wondered all of these things too at one point, and we've done the research for you. It's our turn to take care of all of those questions and concerns in this all-inclusive excursion. Come join us on the New River this summer for an adventurouswhitewater outing. We'll cover everything for you from start to finish to ensure a safe and exciting time, whether you're a Class 5 pro or a white-knucklin' first-timer. We've got you covered.
FYI - YOU NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HAVING THE RIGHT GEAR for any of our trips. WE WILL HAVE YOU COVERED there too. AND IF YOU WANT TO PICK UP YOUR OWN OUTDOOR APPAREL OR GEAR, OUR FANTASTIC LOCAL PROMO PARTNERS AT ROADS RIVERS AND TRAILS IN MILFORD WILL HOOK YOU UP WITH A 10% TIOEX DISCOUNT FOR ANYONE WHO REGISTERS FOR ONE OF OUR TRIPS!
BIG THANK TO THOSE GUYS!
Come get wet with us on the New River! The New River in West Virginia is the oldest river on the continent, flowing northward through deep canyons to form what is commonly referred to as "The Grand Canyon of the East". Once we get to the campsite, we will show you the basics of setting up camp, starting a fire, cooking dinner, etc. We'll then will find some local trails, have some dinner at camp, and enjoy some story-telling, music, and laughs. Saturday we'll spend the day on the Lower New River Gorge, crashing through rapids from Class 3-5, and relaxing in some calming pools in between the waves and whitewater. This route features Jump Rock, Swimmers Rapids, and some sweet surfing, West Virginia-style. We take out beneath the famous New River Gorge Bridge. After a long day of rafting, let's have some beers and dinner in the campus dining hall. After that, we'll shower, and change at camp. Then we can decide on campfire and beverages next, or karaoke and pool at the campus bar. Then we'll pack up Sunday morning, and head home long before it's time for Sunday dinner.
Your rafting gear is supplied by our selected rafting outfitter. We will supply any camp gear that you may not
have (tents, sleeping pads/bags, headlamps, etc). And all registered/paying guests will receive a special discount on outdoor gear leading up to your trip. So if you would like to pick up your own gear (water shoes, clothes, daypacks, anything really), you need to take advantage of our special TIOEX 10% discount from our favorite Cincinnati outfitter, Roads Rivers and Trails in Milford. We will help you with that as well!
- Friday Evening - Depart from the East side of Cincinnati by 12:30pm. Arrive around 5:30pm. Set up camp, grab some snacks, and seek out some trails and possibly a sunset swim and rock jumping at Summersville Lake. Then we'll come back for campfire dinner and drinks.
- Saturday - Early start with catered breakfast in the campus cafe, and then check-in and suit-up for our trip. The bus takes us to the dropoff, and we ride like the wind down river!! We'll have chances to float and swim and rock jump in between rapids. We'll bus back to the outfitter campus, have a delicious dinner catered by the rafting company, grab some showers, change clothes, and then we'll decide on our options after that! There is a fun bar on campus that shows our rafting trip on the big screens. So that will be fun to watch after dinner and showers. And we can always make a fire and chill out after a long day on the water.
- Sunday - After we're all up and breakfast eaten, we'll pack up camp, and head home. We will have enough guides, in case anyone wants to split off to trail run or hike in the morning before breakfast. We will plan to depart no later than 11:00am.
- Transportation to and from Oak Hill, WV
- Transportation to and from activities & tours
- All camping accommodations and basic camping gear (tents, sleeping bags & pads, headlamps, etc)
- All meals, snacks, & drinks (plus a few beers!)
- Full day of professionally-instructed whitewater rafting on the New River
- All rafting gear (PFDs, paddles, helmuts)
- Evening bonfires
Lots of laughter and story-telling!!